Wednesday, January 15, 2014

the first post in all its fatty goodness.

I never thought I would have a blog.

I enjoy reading people's blogs and their thoughts on life from time to time, but I certainly wouldn't consider myself part of the "blogging community." And yet, here I am writing a blog. Am I automatically in the club? I fully support frilly toothpicks.

The main reason I wanted to start this blog was to have a sense of accountability. I wanted to document my progress as I train for TOUGH MUDDER PART DEUX. But the more that I think about it, I am kind of excited to share my thoughts on the rest of my whirlwind of a life. I am a follower of Christ, a pastor/English teacher/aspiring stylist/soon-to-be substitute teacher, I love to make just about anything, and A.J. and I are entering into a very new season of life. I gots lots of thoughts. The accountability is for more than just weight loss or fitness. It's to simply hold me to who I was made to be.

Will you take on that challenge with me? Be who you were made to be, embrace that person from every direction, and put your doubts about your true self to rest.

ALRIGHT. Here's the most juicy of all first blog posts.

I am a lot rounder and heavier than I was the last time I did this stupid race. I love it, but it's stupid. It's insanely painful and sucks the life out of you but fills you with crazy adrenaline and makes you think you're this powerhouse of a person that can conquer electricity and next, the world. It really is terrible and incredible at the same time.

But between the last race and now, I've been pretty lax with my health. I haven't had any fitness goals and I didn't prioritize smart eating habits. So here's where I'm at now:

arms: 14 in (I'm not sure if I measured this one right. haha)
chest: 36 1/2 in
waist: 30 in
hips: 39 in
thighs: 25 in
weight: 151 lbs


sad face no muscle
armpit pudge













 




             






THERE SHE BE.

The formatting of this thing is not YET my forte, but I really don't appreciate anything with poor formatting, so I'll get the hang of that.

I don't know what my specific fitness goals are, but I do know how I need to feel to do the race well. I didn't want to set a pound goal because I do want to pack on some muscle, and I honestly don't care what the actual number is as long as I am healthy and feel stellar. I am not following a super strict, regimented diet, because that has never worked for me, nor is it really sustainable for our lifestyle. I just want to eat more of what's better for me and less of what's not. Hoping to share some of those recipes with you along the way. We're also committed to going to the gym Saturday-Tuesday.

I guess this has been long enough for now. I'm excited to update you on my progress, even if it sucks, and share my thoughts, even if they're wrong :)

4 comments:

  1. Frilly toothpicks? Your silly and beautiful inside and out!
    Love Auntie Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops you're not your....as an English guru you'd catch me on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. mrs. nickol is awesome.
    2. mrs. nickol has inspired me FO real. i'm in.

    ReplyDelete